(843) 546-5994

This is Our Story


After serving as a dental surgeon in Italy during World War II, John A. Joseph Sr. returned to his home town to start his dental practice. He and his wife Arlene welcomed there first son Thomas in March of 1946 and settled into the life of the community. He opened his doors in January at 701 Front St. with the support and encouragement of established dentist Dr. Grainger McMeekin. As a Lebanese immigrant, he built his practice on the principles of loyalty, honesty, and fairness. With a firm commitment to these values, his practice quickly grew and thrived serving the dental needs of his patients.


In 1954, Dr. John moved his practice across the street to 632 Front Street. This historic building was built in the late eighteen hundreds and was formerly the home of the Georgetown Times.  As a solo practitioner, he worked in this building along with his receptionist and assistant, Mrs. Bessy Milligan.  The two worked together until Mrs. Wendy Jordan joined the practice in the 1960’s. She proceeded to work for this practice over the next 50+ years.


In June of 1977, Dr. John Sr. welcomed his son Johnny to his dental practice. After graduating from MUSC College of Dental Medicine in May, he joined his Dad in practice the following month. The two shared the practice for eighteen years until his Dad’s death in February of 1996.


IIn July of 1996, Dr. Johnny welcomed his first cousin and Godson Tim Joseph to join him in practice. After graduating in May from MUSC College of Dental Medicine, he moved to Georgetown to begin his dental career. The two cousins have been together in practice since 1996.

Hours of Operation

8:30am – 5:30pm

We are closed

We are closed

We are closed

Contact Us

632 Front St, Georgetown, SC





© 2022 Joseph & Joseph Dental